Newson Gale (part of the Hoerbiger Safety Solutions Group) is an innovative, forward thinking company and a market leader in providing static control solutions in hazardous areas. With an experienced network of distributors worldwide, the company has offices in the UK, US, Germany and Singapore and is enjoying year on year growth.
Activities that require static grounding protection are present in industries across the regions. As a Regional Sales Engineer (Turkey & Middle East) reporting to the Regional Sales Manager you will be required to explore and establish robust sales channels into the region either through direct end users sales, distributors/resellers, OEMs and/or project engineering firms. Your focus will be growing sales through our current distributors on an annual basis that is in line with our growth targets. You will be required to spend time in territory doing site visits, offering sales support and providing training to our distributors.
With relevant training you will possess and maintain a sound technical knowledge and understanding of all our products to the required level. You will have the drive, passion and enthusiasm which will enable you to deliver the service that Newson Gale prides its self on. Consistently providing customers with the highest possible level of service you must have the ability to meet and exceed customer’s expectations and maximise our sales potential.
You will, at all times, aspire to project the image of the customer’s Trusted Advisor in static grounding and bonding protection.
- Responsible for growing sales in the region covering Turkey & the Middle East.
- Qualify and manage enquiries from the African continent.
- Establish robust and reliable routes to end users, either direct, through distributors/resellers, OEMs or project engineering firms
- Responsible for explaining the features and benefits of products at Level 2* capability or above
- Provide electrostatic hazard training sessions to plant engineering managers, supervisors and operators at the required level of understanding
- Possess a broad understanding of the applications that present electrostatic ignition risks.
- Qualify all in-bound leads, in accordance with the BANT-C method of qualification.
- Explore exhibition opportunities and attend exhibitions in territory.
- Use SaleForce (CRM) in accordance with the established standard operating procedures.
- Develop a clear understanding of the activities of competitors in the region.
- Following the required period of training spend, at minimum, an average of 5 days per month in territory.
- Equivalent of a UK 2.1 Honours degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Control and Instrumentation Engineering OR demonstrable success at selling/promoting industrial electrical/mechanical equipment in these regions.
- Previous experience in a technical sales role. Previous experience of selling/promoting electrostatic grounding and bonding equipment into the target regions would be highly beneficial as would previous experience of selling into the Middle East/Africa etc
- Tenacious and persistent personality; continuously striving to improve how Newson Gale can satisfy customer problems and increase the safety of their processes.
- Capability and drive to be a ‘Trusted Advisor’ for Newson Gale
- Strong team player who will follow established processes and be willing to continuously learn and improve.
- Target driven with a passion for technical sales.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements within your area of responsibility
- Openness to change and ability to respond to this to improve sales and margin performance
- Able to take on other responsibilities and learn quickly from others
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of this market leading organization where we will be delighted to offer you excellent training, support and future career opportunities. You will benefit from a competitive salary, excellent bonus opportunities, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension contribution of 5% and cover under our income protection and life assurance schemes.
For further information or to apply, please contact the HR Manager.