Newson Gale (part of the Hoerbiger group) is an innovative, forward thinking company and a market leader in providing static control solutions in hazardous areas. With an experienced network of distributors worldwide, the company has offices in the UK, US, Germany and Singapore and is enjoying year on year growth.
Newson Gale electronic design has been carried out by outside consultancy but these core skills are now going to be designed by Newson Gale. The current engineering team consists of the Engineering Manager, a Firmware Engineer, an Electrical Engineer, a Service Engineer and a Mechanical Engineer.
As an Electronics Engineer, your job will be to design low power, safety critical hardware to work with new and existing Newson Gale products to be installed in hazardous areas. You will lead and implement the development of new circuit designs and will play an integral part from concept to launch.
You will work closely with the Engineering team and hand-in-hand with the Firmware Engineer to design, develop and test products to ensure they meet the market requirements.
- Design, develop, simulate and test digital and analogue circuits to meet product specifications
- Ensure hardware development and testing is completed in line with the project timescales
- Create and maintain technical documentation detailing system requirements, performance analysis, design analysis, certification documents etc.
- Develop a profound understanding of current Newson Gale equipment and be able to provide in depth technical knowledge and support to colleagues, distributors and customers
- Work with Notified Bodies to ensure new development projects meet the requirements of ATEX/IECEx/cCSAus certification using various protection concepts such as Intrinsic Safety
- Where applicable, design to meet functional safety requirements
- Bring or establish a profound understanding of EN 60079, IEC 61010 and EN 61508
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Electronics Engineering or related subject/experience
- Experienced in analogue and Digital electronics
- Embedded & power electronic design, Schematic capture and simulation using Altium Designer (or similar)
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and telephone)
- Excellent maths and computer skills including Word, Excel
- Willingness to travel in the UK and internationally (full driving licence required)
- PCB layout
- Knowledge of ATEX, IECEx and cCSAus hazardous area approvals and protection concepts such as Intrinsic Safety
- Experience in Functional Safety
- Experience in EMC/RFI testing
- Knowledge of embedded firmware languages (C, C++ and MISRA C etc.)
In return the successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary dependant on the level of experience, excellent bonus opportunities, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, birthday leave, company pension contribution of 5%, cover under our income protection and life assurance schemes and free onsite car parking.
For further information or to apply, please contact the HR Manager.