ATEX/FM approved static discharge cable reels
Static discharge cable reels are an alternative solution to using retractable Cen-StatTM spiral cable. They are normally specified for locations where there is a preference for ensuring process operators stow earthing clamps correctly for good “housekeeping” purposes when the clamps are not in use.
Newson Gale’s “R-series” of static earthing reels offer our Cab-Lite cable housed on automatically retractable cable reel.
Cab-Lite is a 3.2 mm (1/8″) multi-stranded galvanized steel conductor protected by a hi-vis yellow coating and is supplied on the R20, R50 and R75 reels.
The R-series of retractable cable reels are supplied in 9.1 m (25 ft.), 9.1 m (50 ft.) and 15.2 m (75 ft.) lengths. The blue powder coated reel is supplied with Cab-Lite cable which has a yellow coating. The stainless steel reels are supplied with nylon coated stainless steel cable.
Typical Applications with the use of Cen-Stat Clamps:
- Earthing and bonding metal objects ranging from small cans to 55 gallon drums (VESX45).
- Earthing and bonding metal objects ranging from open top 55 gallon drums to large totes and IBCs (VESX90).
Easy and flexible installation
- Latchable and retractable spring operated cable reel.
- Hytrel coated cable.
- with high visibility colour.
6.1 m (20 ft.), 9.2 m (30 ft.) and 15. m (50 ft.) retractable lengths.
Cen-Stat Reel Options
- Stainless steel option with Cab-Lite coated SS304 cable.
- Stainless steel mounted swivel provides 130º rotation.
Certification / Technical
ATEX Certified / Factory Mutual approved